Thursday, August 7, 2008

23 weeks

'Tis the season to go back to school! Football season is in full swing for Abe and he is trying to balance 2-a-day practices with getting ready to teach a new class -- World Geography. It's a lot of work and makes for some long days but he's hanging in there thus far. I, on the other hand, went back this week to try and get a head start on things and am THRILLED with the amount of planning, xeroxing, etc. that I was able to do. Official faculty meetings start next week and it's so nice to know that I am already ahead of the game and won't have to rush around quite so much. Of course, I need to stay ahead of things since I have about 8 weeks of sub plans to work on! But it's worth it. I was lucky enough to see our friends Tom & Laura this week since they were in town for a baseball tourney (how did Ty ever get that big???!!!!) and Laura said something that just keeps ringing in my ears. We were talking about being parents and she was explaining that the love you have for your child just is unfathomable. That's one of those tidbits that we just keep hearing over and over and over again. Abe & I were talking about it last night and, as usual, were in awe at how much we already love this little guy ----- and we haven't even officially met him yet! :)

On a somewhat lighter note, being back to work has also introduced me to a new part of pregnancy --- having people look at my belly when they talk to me instead of my face. It really doesn't bother me at all and, in fact, I honestly just find it amusing and end up chuckling in the middle of the conversation. I can only imagine what it will be like when the teenagers are in the building!

Hope all is well where you are!
Love, Abe & Martha

No comments: