Saturday, September 27, 2008

30 weeks

Wow --- as of this past Thursday, we're officially at 30 weeks. Only 10 weeks to go. Today, obviously, is one of those days I mentioned last blog where it seems like he's almost here. Which is probably the reason I'm having a little trouble relaxing and am feeling like I need to get up and do something! :) We went to the midwife Friday and all is still well. Stephen is still in the head down position and his back is on the left side of my belly, explaining why most of the kicks and punches I feel are on the right. He had a bit of a heart rate acceleration when she first started measuring his heart beat but it almost immediately settled down to about 138 --- right where it should be. Don't think Stephen was a huge fan of the poking and prodding to check his position. We also talked to the midwife about pain control, etc during labor and the fact that we'll be starting the prenatal classes in October. For those of you that are curious, I have no burning desire to go through a completely natural childbirth so, for us, the decision is really about which kind of pain relief would be best rather than IF we want to use it. Hats off to any of you guys that went completely natural --- you are my hero! :)

We go in for our 3-D ultrasound next week and hope that the boy will give us a good face picture rather than just more pics of the family jewels! The appointment is Thursday AM so I will scan and post the best that we get. When our friends Nathan & Toviah got a 3-D ultrasound, the results were AMAZING, showing them that their son Zach looked exactly like Nathan (which, trust me, he still does a year later!). So, even though insurance doesn't cover it, we really think it will be a keepsake worth the money!

That's about it for now! September has gone by relatively quickly and we are ready to welcome October and some nice cool fall weather. Flannel pajama pants and sweats --- it just doesn't get better than that!!! Except for maybe overalls....

Love to all!

No comments: