Saturday, September 20, 2008

29 weeks

I cannot believe we are almost at 30 weeks. 30 just sounds soooooo close to 40!!! :) There are days that December 4th seems so far away and others where we just can't believe that it's right around the corner. So, like typical new parents-to-be, we go back and forth between enjoying the pregnancy and thinking about that later day when the baby will be here and other days where we're just so excited and nervous and realize that it's really almost time! We have started a great Saturday tradition, though. In August, the church that I grew up in was kind enough to host a baby shower for us in my hometown of Fredericksburg and we got cash and gift cards along with gifts of clothes, blankets, etc. Rather than spend the gift cards and cash in one fail swoop, we've been heading to Target every Saturday afternoon to pick up something for the baby. There have been times where it was a big purchase (like the car seat or the pack and play) and others where it was something tiny, like a nightlight or the grooming kit with nail clippers, etc. It sounds so cheesy but it gives Abe something to let his mind wander to during Saturday football meetings (the coaches work a full day breaking down film and getting ready for the next week) and me something to think about while I'm being a complete and total couch potato and watching college football. My friends Lesley & Celeste and my sister Amy have each given us their lists of "must-haves" and we've tried to compile them into a list that fits what we think our lifestyle will be like. And yes -- we're aware that we'll probably be wrong and get things we never use as well as not get things that we would really like but, to us, that's the fun and adventure part of it! My plan for today?? I get to go read a book and think about what today's trip to Target will bring.

Love to all!
Abe & Martha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Martha and Abe,
I finally got to check out your blog. Sounds like you guys are already for the little one. Martha you look so cute. I love your hair, and the belly is just the right size. You don't look like you swallowed a basketball. I like the nursery, sounds like it was a lot of work. Rob has not got to see this site yet. You know, the park and all that. Anyway, I am glad that you are doing well.
Kenna

Anonymous said...

So you have a daily trip to Target too? Mine today resulted in red sparkly shoes for Lily! HA!