Thursday, July 24, 2008

21 weeks

After the big news that the baby is a boy, there's just not much to say this week. Summer is winding down with Abe going back to work fulltime for football next week and me heading back the week after. We stopped for a minute yesterday to look around the house and were just amazed at how much we had gotten done. The nursery has been completed, the shed built, and the living room and upstairs and downstairs hallways given facelifts. Not to mention several trips out of town, Abe going to football workouts 3 days a week, and me getting some quality couch time! Definitely not bad at all! :) Abe found out recently that he'll be teaching World Geography this year instead of World History so he's been working hard to get ready. I, on the other hand, haven't cracked open my briefcase since June. Something I'll probably regret as I try to get sub plans ready for the end of the semester. Man, I hope we can find someone with a Bio AND Chem background to help my kids finish the semester and get ready for SOLs!

On another note, my neighbor from across the street came over earlier this week with a big plastic bin full of her maternity clothes. After 4 kids, they've decided "no more" and she had quite a collection of clothes to share. At this point, I honestly think I have more maternity clothes than "normal" clothes. I'm at the point now where I can still wear my normal clothes but maternity shorts, etc. are more comfortable so it won't be too much longer until I can thoroughly enjoy my new wardrobe! Gotta love elastic waistbands! :)

Love to all!
Abe & Martha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Embrace the elastic. I promise you'll never want to go back.