All continues to be well this week. I had a check-in with the midwife on Thursday and have actually lost a couple of pounds. It honestly surprised me because I felt like I'd been eating non-stop for the past two weeks! The midwife was not concerned but my husband and father-in-law are now nagging me to make sure I'm eating every waking second! :) They REALLY want this boy to be a 10-11 lb baby! :)
We also started our series of childbirth classes this week and have had mixed results so far. The class Monday was mainly about labor and really didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. There was a video tour of the birthing suite, though, which was pretty neat. (They didn't do an actual tour since the classes are in a different building). Thursday's class called "Baby Basics" was taught by one of the OB & Delivery nurses and she was absolutely fantastic. Very engaging and FULL of information both from the perspective of a nurse and a parent. It was one of those things where you just trusted every piece of advice she offered.
And last but certainly not least, Abe's mom was in town this weekend and conveniently got to come to a baby shower hosted by one of the girls we work with. We had a great time and I actually got a HUGE kick out of the shower games. You would think that melting various candy bars in diapers and having people guess which candy bar it is would be just disgusting but honestly, it was hilarious and just a little bit gross. Think about it --- holding a diaper of melted chocolate up to your nose and smelling it just feels REALLY wrong! :) But it was sooo much fun! We continue to feel so spoiled!
Since I'm afraid I'm turning this in to a novel, I'll close here for now!
Love to all!
Martha
We also started our series of childbirth classes this week and have had mixed results so far. The class Monday was mainly about labor and really didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. There was a video tour of the birthing suite, though, which was pretty neat. (They didn't do an actual tour since the classes are in a different building). Thursday's class called "Baby Basics" was taught by one of the OB & Delivery nurses and she was absolutely fantastic. Very engaging and FULL of information both from the perspective of a nurse and a parent. It was one of those things where you just trusted every piece of advice she offered.
And last but certainly not least, Abe's mom was in town this weekend and conveniently got to come to a baby shower hosted by one of the girls we work with. We had a great time and I actually got a HUGE kick out of the shower games. You would think that melting various candy bars in diapers and having people guess which candy bar it is would be just disgusting but honestly, it was hilarious and just a little bit gross. Think about it --- holding a diaper of melted chocolate up to your nose and smelling it just feels REALLY wrong! :) But it was sooo much fun! We continue to feel so spoiled!
Since I'm afraid I'm turning this in to a novel, I'll close here for now!
Love to all!
Martha

No comments:
Post a Comment