Friday, June 20, 2008

16 weeks

I know that several of you were hoping to check out the blog this week and find out if baby Mikell is a boy or a girl --- believe me, I'm with you! But I'm sorry to say we have no news to report. While all the wonderful books tell you that your practicioner CAN often tell if its a boy or a girl at 16 weeks, none mentioned that many practicioners DON'T do ultrasounds until 20 weeks. Since we've already had 2 ultrasounds (one to date the pregnancy at 8 weeks and one b/c they couldn't hear the heartbeat with the Doppler at 12 weeks), it didn't even occur to us that it wasn't exactly normal to have them every time. So the mystery remains for another month!!

Otherwise, all is well! The nurse had no trouble picking up the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler and it was quick and strong at 160 beats/min just like it should be.

Hope all is well where you are!
Abe & Martha

No comments: