

Hello all! The biggest update this week is that the nursery is now fully painted, trimmed, cleaned, and ready for furniture. I have serious doubts that the room will ever be this clean again! To give some of you some background, when we bought our house, this room was a little girl's room with Pepto-Bismol pink walls that had dark pink stripes giving the appearance of plaid walls (yes I'm serious). The floor was so old, worn, & dirty that it actually looked black and the closet (one of 2 in our house) was not even deep enough for a normal coat hanger. So we tore out the old closet, stripped and sealed the floor, built a bigger closet that enclosed the old chimney in the middle of the wall, painted everything, installed a ceiling fan, and put up chair rail around the entire room along with molding on the closet we built. WHEW! I'm getting ready for a nap just typing all of that. But we're sooooooooo incredibly proud of how it turned out. And yes --- we're taking advantage of this blog to brag about it. Hey --- just imagine what we'll be like once the little Mikell is here. After all, this is just a room that we're bragging about. Picture us when it's our child.... Food for thought!
Next doctor's appointment is next Friday and if the little rascal cooperates, we might be able to tell if it's a boy or a girl and if my instincts have been right or wrong. There is no longer any question that I have a baby bump but I'm still wearing my normal clothes without any problem. We'll see how long that lasts. I'm just glad my wonderful sister sent me her maternity wear (Thanks again Amy!!)
Until next week (hopefully with gender news),
Abe & Martha
1 comment:
When are you going to start showing pictures of the little baby bump?? I think the room looks great. Good thing that Abe inherited his Dad's carpendry skills!
Post a Comment