Monday, November 16, 2009

Birthday Boy!

Stephen turned one last week! WOW! We had the family here for a party yesterday and Stephen just ate up every second of attention! :) One of my students is an aspiring cake artist and she made a wonderful fudge layer cake for the adults and a vanilla & buttercream monkey just for Stephen.

We fully expected him to smash the cake but he was surprisingly neat with it. Probably because it tasted so darn good. He ate the entire head and would have eaten the rest if Mom hadn't forced him to share. Big meany!
12 month check-up was today and he's doing great. 22 lbs 10 oz so his growth has finally slowed down with all the walking he's been doing. I think he's in the 60th percentile so still above average but not quite mammoth. Also had 3 shots today which he did NOT enjoy. He's just finishing a trauma-induced nap as I type.
But all is well so no complaints! We have officially filled up a large photo album with pictures and are thankful that we have a large hard drive. I'm not sure Stephen knows how to behave when there's no camera pointed at him!
I hear him stirring.....
Love to all!

No comments: