Spring has sprung. And I am clearly just not on the computer that much anymore since the interval between my updates keeps getting longer (and longer and longer....). The joys of motherhood! :) But we are doing well here. Stephen is now rolling over both ways although he tends to get stuck on his tummy in the middle of the night and need help to get re-positioned. Still not the greatest sleeper but when you're always hungry, it's just hard to sleep more than a couple hours. We've even started to give him some solid food to see if that will help his hunger. He liked bananas the first coule times but has quickly lost interest. He'll still eat them as well as some oatmeal but all in all would just prefer to nurse. We're going to maintain the solid food routine of sitting in the high chair at dinner time and offering him some solids but I figure he'll eat more of them when he's good and ready! :)
Stephen was also dedicated at Fredericksburg Baptist Church (where I grew up) last weekend. It was so wonderful to have so much family there --- Abe's parents came from Georgia in addition to my mom, dad, stepmom, brother, sister-in-law, nieces, aunt, and my grandmother from Richmond. My stepbrother also came and met us for lunch afterwards. It was a really neat service and I'm sure my stepdad was thrilled with the way that things went. Partly because it meant so much to him for Stephen to be dedicated and partly because of Stephen's behavior during the service. Remind me to smack the person who, just the weekend before, commented that he's always such a good, quiet baby in public! The trip went well but when I tried to feed him after we got to the church, he just didn't want to eat. So we get into the sanctuary and he starts to fuss a little. The service starts, he fusses a little more, and then its time for prayer. Do you see where this is going?? Full-on scream fest. I figured out that he had changed his mind and was hungry but not much I could do at the time. So he screamed through most of the dedication ---- except when the pastor took him. And then he was quiet as a mouse. :) Did I mention that he's also teething??
Today he's coughing and generally just not feeling well but he's still cute as can be. At least we think so. Some pics as promised....
With Cousin Liz...
Pretending to hold my own spoon....
Just cute!

2 comments:
Martha, he is just too cute. It makes me wish I could go back in time to when Jack was that little and just hold him a bit longer...
There are some days where he just looks like a little boy instead of a baby and it almost takes my breath away for that very reason!
Post a Comment