Friday, February 13, 2009

Regarding yesterday's post...

I realize that it's quite unusual for me to post twice in two days but I just had to post this follow-up to yesterday's blog. When Stephen was younger, we started to notice that he hates to be predictable. As soon as he gets in any sort of groove or routine and we mention it out loud, he immediately changes it. It's kind of become a running joke at our house. Especially since it only becomes an issue when we say it out loud. So let me get to my point. I posted yesterday that Stephen isn't sleeping throught the night and still gets up every 2-3 hours. There's an email newsletter that I get from babycenter.com and the one that came yesterday mentioned that 90% of 3 month old babies sleep through the night. I joked with a couple people yesterday that I wish they woulnd't give me those stats. Can you see where this is going yet?? So, per usual, after I got home from picking Stephen up from the sitter's house, he napped for 20 minutes or so, ate, and then we got to play for a little while. Around 6:00, he ate again (he usually cluster feeds in the evenings) and fell asleep. He does that a lot but almost always wakes up after 30 minuets or so. Not this time. He was laying in his favorite position on his side on the boppy in my lap facing me tummy to tummy. And slept. So I just kept watching TV, had Abe cook dinner (yummy), and enjoyed it. Around 9:30, he was still crashed so I picked him up (boppy and all) and carried him upstairs. I decided to keep holding him rather than putting him down and the next thing I knew, it was 3:15. Count it --- 9 hours without eating!! And I got to sleep for 6 hours of it! Yippee!!! After he ate at 3:15, he actually went back to sleep, woke up this morning to eat and get changed, and was crashed again when I left him this morning. So once again, he wants to prove that he cannot be predicted! :)

No comments: